Job Description: Ninyo and Moore has an immediate opening for a Systems Administrator to provide daily support to users with their hardware and software to satisfy the company’s requirements and the user’s needs primarily from our Oakland location. This position is responsible for continued maintenance, security and stability of the company’s information and technology systems including all hardware and software while leading the technical support of our Northern California offices (San Jose, Oakland and West Sacramento) as well as other Southwest locations. The position will be based out of our Oakland office and will interface with the IT Department, outside consultants, and users at all locations. This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that challenges them to creatively think on their feet, face an assortment of challenges, and adapt to fluid situations. Must be willing to work flexible hours as needed.
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk.
- Monitor Service Desk for tickets assigned to the queue and process first-in first-out based on priority.
- Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc. for the local workstation.
- Utilize and maintain the helpdesk tracking software.
- Document internal procedures.
- Assist with onboarding of new users.
- Ensure each workstation has a computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, hard drive, and any additional specialized equipment.
- Install, test and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment and software.
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses.
- Report issues to the Service Desk for escalation.
- Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images and software.
- Assign users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory.
- Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required.
- Provide support for all infrastructure components with an emphasis in VoiP and Network components.
Required Skills: The successful candidate should have 5 years or more of experience administering network technologies such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, with centralized backup and anti-malware implementation. Requires experience configuring and supporting: Windows server 2003, 2008 and/or 2012, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Cisco Call Manager and associate components. Requires experience configuring and deploying Cisco Firewall/VPN Hypervisors and Cisco Switches and Routers. Experience supporting Office 365, using Active Directory, VMware Hypervisors, SCCM 2012 and imaging is required.
Status: Full time
Location: Oakland, CA
Reference ID: SA-OAK
Note: please include job reference id in subject line of job application