Staff Environmental Scientist (Irvine, CA) [ST-ES]
Job Description: Ninyo & Moore Geotechnical & Environmental Sciences Consultants has an immediate opening in our Irvine, CA office for a Staff Environmental Scientist with hazardous materials/industrial hygiene experience. The Staff Environmental Scientist duties will include:
- Making frequent visits to project sites at the direction of the Project Manager.
- Acquiring permits, and reviewing background data, site photos and aerial photographs.
- Assist the Project Manager in the acquisition, documentation and dissemination of data related to all phases of environmental assessment/projects. These activities will include, but not be limited to, performing site reconnaissance, asbestos and lead surveys, abatement monitoring, industrial hygiene evaluations.
- Preparation of field data, photographic documentation, and quantification of hazardous materials.
- Performing various assigned tasks such as coordinating and scheduling subcontractors, performing basic calculations, preparing field studies, and report writing under the direction of the Project Manager.
- Perform assignments of limited scope and complexity, usually as a portion of broader assignments, in accordance with established company policies/procedures.
- Conduct special assignments as directed by the supervisor.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science or related scientific field or technical field from an accredited institution is required.
Certifications: Certified Site Surveillance Technician (CSST) and Lead Inspector/Assessor/Project Monitor/Sampling Technician required.
- Ability to perform fieldwork, data collection, evaluation, and technical writing skills.
- Good written and verbal communication, analytical, organizational and time management skills are required.
- Ability to work collaboratively and with discretion.
- Attention to detail, integrity, organization, communication, interpersonal, clerical, and computer skills.
- Basic knowledge of computer software pertaining to environmental design.
- Ability to carry out fieldwork at times in hazardous conditions because of climate isolation, topography, or means of transportation.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Location: Irvine, CA
To apply, click or copy link into browser: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=292c5fee-f602-4956-9b78-745f65bcdb12&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=458324&lang=en_US&source=CC4
About Ninyo & Moore:
Ninyo & Moore, an ENR Top 500 Design Firm, is a professional geotechnical and environmental sciences consulting firm providing services in geotechnical engineering, engineering geology, geophysics, hydrogeology, soil and materials testing, special inspection, soil and groundwater contamination assessment, site remediation, hazardous building materials, industrial hygiene, and occupational safety. Our geotechnical, environmental, and materials testing specialists provide services to clients in both the public and private sectors. With offices in California, Nevada, Arizona, Colorado, Texas and Utah, our firm is fully committed to being responsive, cost-efficient, and thorough in meeting the clients’ project needs and objectives. The quality of Ninyo & Moore’s personnel base has become widely recognized. The firm employs 500 professionals, including registered geotechnical and civil engineers, geologists, hydrogeologists, engineering geologists, geophysicists, environmental scientists, industrial hygienists, field technicians, special deputy inspectors and specialists in fields such as regulatory issues and interpretation, hazardous waste management, health and safety, and remedial action planning. Ninyo & Moore offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.