Project or Senior Environmental Engineer (Alameda/San Jose/Bay Area, CA) [PSEE-ALA]
Job Description: Ninyo & Moore Geotechnical & Environmental Services Consultants has an immediate opening for a Project or Senior Environmental Engineer to assist in the management and growth of our environmental practice in the San Francisco Bay Area. The successful candidate will have 5 plus years of recent professional environmental consulting experience with technical responsibility in conducting site assessment and remediation activities from start-to-finish. We are seeking an individual who will assist with continued execution and growth of our practice by:
- Preparing Design drawings and construction specifications.
- Providing senior technical review and sign off for reports and related work products (if Senior Engineer level).
- Experience in project management, maintaining budget controls, reviewing budgets, invoicing projects, and knowledge of preparing project status updates to clients, attorneys and regulators.
- Providing technical direction to staff.
- Maintaining field staffing, planning and implementing project work.
- Subcontracting, construction management and supervision.
- Reviewing request for proposals and preparing winning proposals.
- Attending shortlist/interview presentations for major environmental clients.
- Negotiating clean-up goals and closure of sites with federal, state and local regulatory agencies including United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), California Regional Water Quality Control Board (RWQCB), Department of Toxic Substances (DTSC), and Bay Area Air Quality Management District (BAAQMD).
Education: B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering, and appropriate related professional registration/certification (e.g., California Professional Civil Engineer).
Required Skills: Experience should include design of various multi-media remediation systems including vapor mitigation systems, In-Situ bioremediation, soil vapor extraction, dual-phase extraction, pump-and-treat, free product recovery systems, methane and preparation of plans and specifications, equipment selection, bidding process, health and safety, system startup, operation, optimization, and trouble-shooting, maintenance, compliance monitoring and reporting per oversight regulatory agency requirements. Must possess local knowledge and regulatory experience. Candidate must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills, positive attitude, and problem solving skills.
Status: Full time
Location: Alameda, CA (or possibly San Jose or one of our other office locations)
Reference ID: PSEE-ALA
About Ninyo & Moore:
Ninyo & Moore, an ENR Top 500 Design Firm, is a professional geotechnical and environmental sciences consulting firm providing services in geotechnical engineering, engineering geology, geophysics, hydrogeology, soil and materials testing, special inspection, soil and groundwater contamination assessment, site remediation, hazardous building materials, industrial hygiene, and occupational safety.
Our geotechnical, environmental, and materials testing specialists provide services to clients in both the public and private sectors. With offices in California, Nevada, Arizona, Colorado, Texas and Utah, our firm is fully committed to being responsive, cost-efficient, and thorough in meeting the clients’ project needs and objectives.
The quality of Ninyo & Moore’s personnel base has become widely recognized. The firm employs 500 professionals, including registered geotechnical and civil engineers, geologists, hydrogeologists, engineering geologists, geophysicists, environmental scientists, industrial hygienists, field technicians, special deputy inspectors and specialists in fields such as regulatory issues and interpretation, hazardous waste management, health and safety, and remedial action planning.