Construction Inspection & Testing
Our Materials Testing Division provides full-scope geotechnical, materials testing, and special inspection services utilizing our certified/accredited/licensed laboratory facilities and personnel. From small additions to new high school campuses, hospitals, commercial/industrial complexes, freeways, and airports, our Materials Testing Division has the experienced personnel to provide Quality Control (QC) and Quality Assurance (QA) testing and inspection services for your project.
Ninyo & Moore’s soils technicians are trained by registered geotechnical engineers under accreditation procedures approved by the American Association of State Highway Officials (AASHTO). Our concrete technicians are certified by the American Concrete Institute (ACI). Our construction inspectors are certified in the disciplines of concrete, prestressed concrete, masonry, structural steel, fireproofing, and soil by the International Code Council (ICC). Additionally, selected personnel are certified by the American Welding Society (AWS), the American Society of Non-Destructive Testing (ASNT), the National Institute of Concrete Engineering Technicians (NICET), and the the Office of Statewide Hospital Planning and Development (OSHPD). Our inspectors are also certified by local municipal building inspection departments for which we have performed various public works projects.
Ninyo & Moore offers fully equipped, well staffed, state-of-the-art laboratory facilities performing a range of laboratory testing services under the supervision of a registered professional engineer. Ninyo & Moore’s laboratories are capable of performing a wide variety of soil, concrete, asphalt, masonry, steel, and other construction materials testing. Laboratory testing equipment is calibrated annually by representatives utilizing equipment traceable to the National Institute of Standards and Technology, and is regularly inspected by the Cement and Concrete Reference Laboratory (CCRL).
Ninyo & Moore’s testing laboratories have been inspected and/or accredited by:
- American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO)
- AASHTO Materials Reference Laboratory (AMRL)
- American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM)
- American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA)
- Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT)
- California Department of Transportation (Caltrans)
- Division of the State Architect (DSA)
- Cement and Concrete Reference Laboratory (CCRL)
- City of Henderson
- City of Las Vegas
- City of Los Angeles
- City of North Las Vegas
- City of San Diego
- City of Tucson
- Clark County
- Northwest Alliance for Quality Transportation Construction (NAQTC)
- Nevada Department of Transportation (NDOT)
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers